We went to Maine last weekend for Christmas shopping. Whilst it wasnt cheap, we saved no money on "amazing deals" and we certainly dont feel like we are winning on the economy front, what we did achieve was this:
- A fun drive down
- A chance to be us as a family in a hotel, a get away.
- Dinner at Olive Garden and Longhorn with Don and Cherie, fabulous meals.
- Lunch at Subway - the girls love Subway, so I do too.
- Breakfast in the hotel, always pricey and always fun, this one was free so winwin.
- A swim in the hotel pool, or two.
- A whole stack of Christmas gifts and wine purchased.
- A looooong drive home by Mount Kathadin. Always one we look out for.