Tuesday 31 July 2018

love July


As seems to be normal for July its been freaking hot. Thankfully not (so far, touch wood) wildfire hot like its been in California (new normal?) and Greece where people are seriously in trouble, but definitely hot.
We have constant heat warnings as hot air masses hang around causing high humidity and temps in the early 30's. I do indeed love it.

I love walking the dogs at 6.30am. Its such a pleasure to see the neighbourhood at that time of day. Hanging out in the pool after work is also so joyous and I am so grateful we have it.
Last Sunday morning I woke early at 6.30am and it was summer dark. That kind of dark thats not really dark but does allow for all the little lights to be put on around that make the ambience so adorable. I was a happy bunny (small things please me).

Unfortunately due to the intense heat it hasnt been a good riding month for Ace and I. I just dont want to ride hard in this weather, I dont think its fair on him and frankly its not enjoyable. I may have to come to the conclusion that July isnt a riding month really due to heat. It seems so far that March to June are easy to ride in (obvs the temps change but they are do-able) and then September to December. I think August is pretty similar to July in that you really need to get it in in the early morning. Not really possible on a working day.

Happy birthday mum

No comments:

Post a Comment