I am doing my usual recap of the year to see if we managed to attain all that was planned, I listed it all here:
New Years Resolutions 2014
- Commit to Combat Timetable - massive fail BUT I do know 50% of the program and its my happy go to in times of exercise planning
- Running - fail again,. I am so out of running. I need to get back into it, I think it helped me enormously in more ways than one.
- Enter races - nope
- Drive to Maine - well we did manage that kind of, we didn't do a long weekend in Maine but we sure did one in New York City which was awesome!
- call my Grandparents - check - I call them a lot, they are not in such good health so I know I only have so long with them to chat to.
- Buy another pair of reefs - nope
- Purchase a pool heater - a nice environmentally friendly solar powered one is in our possession, sadly its not yet connected to the pool
- Volunteer - I have failed here too, finding a new job and then learning that new job has exhausted me this year.
- Project Build a House or Buy a new one - not got much further on that one it seems except we know now that we are not planning on building right now, we may buy but it would have to tick every box as well as have "that feeling"
- Florida Pad - yep we are going back to recheck out Florida
- UK Visit - major check - I was back there in February for sad reasons but got to be there too, so that was a definite upside.
So I need to come up with some resolutions for next year. Next year is a BIG year for me. But I also realize that I need to spend some time reflecting and refinding whats important to me. What brings me to my knees so to speak, that I am actually passionate about.
Last night, whilst watching a remarkably good film called a Big Miracle about saving some Alaskan Whales, I came to realize that I am so very fortunate to be working in a history making project, in an amazing team, for renewable energy... and most days all I think about are the politics and finding my way.
Once upon a time I would have been acutely aware all the time of my part in something great, of my role, of THE PROJECT, and I would have been passionate, driven and excited on the end result and being part of time. I need that back for me. I need to be mindful of this again.