Monday 29 April 2019

The reset button

The last two Sundays have seen me and the dogs adventuring for our morning walk in pastures new.
I decided to start walking in new neighbourhoods, along new roads, in new subdivisions, with the dogs on-leash, anywhere thats within a 15 minute drive.

Its been very therapeutic.

The dogs dont pull for one. They wait until I let them out and then walk pretty nicely actually for dogs in a new place.

I arrive with all my weekly "issues" and then by the time I get back to the car, all seems to be resolved with me.
I am at one with the world, my particular life and most importantly grateful.
I am grateful for my job, my family, my spot on the planet, the animals in our home, the horse in the barn, my riding, my friends, the view, the bird song, the weather (whatever its like), my past, my present, my plans....

I reset to notice everything around me. The birdsong, the sound of the woodpeckers, the breeze, the homes, the view, the trees, the smells, the sound of water, the gravel under my feet...

I get back in the car and arrive home to make Sunday brunch of bacon, eggs, homefries and fruit.
Its all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment