Wednesday 12 June 2019

A May update

Its been a little crazy of late and I havent been able to update so here are some of the highlights of May:

Ace:
Ace and I attended the first CNHP show of the season and mentally I was in a great place. Ace was, as usual an awesome partner at a show and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I managed to block out everything in my head but him, the sound of his footfall, his breathing and mine combined, the course and my coaches words and we absolutely NAILED our hunter over fences courses. It was smooth and flowing and he was great and off the forehand (first time ever). The stretch up to the final diagonal line and oxer was so long that we were able to have an entire conversation - I was saying "here it comes, our last one" and he listened and jumped it, perfectly.
No speeding up, no run outs, no refusals, no silly crap, just all round perfect.

On the Sunday I saw the Lancers horses arrive and Ace, with his spotless tack, shiny coat and glittery browband fit right in with them. He was, as I said at the time "with his people". It was a weekend to remember.



The Cat3:
On Lilys birthday we went down to spend her birthday vouchers on ridiculously expensive markers in Michaels that are the current big deal, gotta have item. On the way home I was online perusing Facebook and came across the posting from PetValu about the SPCA adoption day that they had had. The last kitten was remaining who had not found his fur-ever home. Against all better judgement we went to look.
"Flounder" was sleeping off an exhausting day but we got to hold him anyway and the whole family, sans Chloe, fell in love. Lily especially.
We went to A&W for the planned burgers and debated about how ridiculous it was to add to our fur-family given the costs of pet insurance and general vet costs, led by Chloe in her full-on "got to be sensible" rant. Lily said little as usual but I know her and she was broken hearted. She requested that I told her when he was adopted so that she knew. We went home and Paul went back with the cat basket, whilst I walked the dogs in the downpour and questioned our sanity.

He brought back Flounder who was renamed Milo and so we became the #Cat3 (after the key West blogger I follow who has the #Cat5, in the spirit of hurricanes). Lily was the closest to breaking down that I have ever seen. Hes a cuddle-bug like Misty was, and also way too confident for his own good. For me, I have some heart-stopping moments when he "pulls a Misty" at 3am with his requests for cuddles or when he climbs on my shoulder in the same way. I had forgotten what its like to have a cat like this.






No comments:

Post a Comment