Monday 21 September 2020

An update

 Its September in Nova Scotia and in typical fashion I am welcoming the Fall with open arms while simultaneously feeling sad that summer is leaving and it wont be back until we have had winter.

We are closely watching Hurricane Teddy as we wait to find out exactly how it will impact us tomorrow into Wednesday. Either way, we are prepared for whatever comes with water, storm chips, food, propane, everything moved indoors that can be. We have food prepared and can cook, we are ok.

Covid seems to be spiking everywhere this morning again, except here in the Atlantic Bubble. Sometimes I wonder with more than a touch of panic if I will ever be on a plane again or see Florida again. 

I had an office day on Friday and while it was really nice to see Truro I had the reset I needed to again be in love with my home office life.

My first ever niece was born on September 12th, baby Mia is now a large part of my life even though shes 5000+km away.



Ducky and I are coming along well, hes jumping two foot with gusto and his trot is forward and large and hes learning to do the same in canter. I am more in love with him every single day.



I had an amazing photo shoot with him where he of course looked gorgeous. His ancestor shone through in all his photos, some of the photos are below.

Milo continues to go outside in the daytime although we have been a little more wary, he included, since he was missing for almost 4 days. I dont invite a repeat of that situation and I hope he doesnt either.


The girls are doing well in back to school although I think Chloe would welcome home schooling again with open arms. With her learning to drive and part time job at the aquatic centre shes got lots on the go.



My garden did well although the peppers are struggling to finish growing in the season length we have. If I do them again I will stick to one or two plants inside only. Carrots are looking almost ready to pick and I got a haul of about 12 potatoes from the 4 I planted. Tomatoes and sugar-snap peas were winning the whole summer.

Tonight I have a recipe from my sister in law to be to make aubergine curry that I am pretty excited about as I continue on my quest for a couple of meat free days a week.









No comments:

Post a Comment