Thursday 3 September 2020

Changing phones

 Yes its a first world problem and I get that, totally.

The pain of moving to a new Apple phone is staggering. I do not know for the life of me how millenials or Gen Z's or whatever are putting themselves through this each time a new phone is out.

The issue started when our provider mentioned on a marketing text that good deals were out there for "back to school" (yes lets see exactly how back to school actually goes!)

In line with the third text proclaiming such good news my iphone 6 which is the oldest in this house and a hand-me-down from Paul  decided to no longer let me talk unless it was on speaker, ever.

I had been ignoring this for about 4 weeks until it got this bad. I dont want a new phone, I hate them. Besides who needs the worry of a new expensive piece of technology around horses. I dont.

Anyway, it was decided that Lily would get an upgrade and I would have her much newer 6. That works. The only upgrade available in nearby stores was an iphone 11. Fine, lets get it.

The swanky new phone has been in our posession for almost 5 hours now and we are still no closer to having a successful data transfer. Lily has a a new apple I.D after we had to create a new bloody email for her as hers was "taken" - yes its her email FFS. Its taken by her.

Now we have three phones and none really work.

Her sim is in the new phone, my sim is in her phone, my phone has no sim. 

Ugh. Brutal.




No comments:

Post a Comment