Thursday 30 September 2021

August and September

 August and September were awesome months. 

I continued to appreciate my home. We went out a few times for dinner in a restaurant and had a two week staycation where we went to Taylor Head beach which is pure beauty, the Rope Loft in Chester, ate at Lucketts winery more than once and hit up Melmerby Beach. We also finally went to Burntcoat to see the ocean floor



We are continuing to live with our versions of long Covid. For me I cant smell and my taste is muted and messed up and I sometimes am just plain exhausted when others with me are just fine. Hubby suffers complete continuous exhaustion. 

I get so crazy angry when I read anti vax commentary online. At one point in time I would have tried to get them to understand what Covid can be like, unfortunately I am wasting both time and energy so I dont bother. I feel like social media has given a mouthpiece to stupidity, misinformation, ignorance and hate.

Ducky and I have been working with a new coach and hes come on so well we went to our first show together ever. It was wonderful.






Since then we have started to dabble in very low level eventing. I love cross country, dressage and jumping so why not. The vet has cleared these plans so we move forward with caution.

 



We started to renovate our kitchen, its almost done, we are just waiting on countertops to be installed so that the back splash can be done too.
That renovation led to a paint colour change in our bathroom too - paint with the name Florida Keys Blue couldnt be ignored!



We all got our covid shots in June and July and are welcoming the world slowly opening back up. Still have no clue when we can next travel but I remain hopeful. I get excited every time I hear a plane.

We also traded in the Mitsubishi for Mr Harrison Ford and now wait for the trailer to be available, I bought a Sundowner as I love them and its a little delayed due to an axle shortage. Shortages everywhere it seems.


Ducky and I also went to a little obstacles clinic back in June on a sweltering hot weekend. I just love hanging with him, hes a very special horse.







No comments:

Post a Comment