Tuesday 30 November 2021

November update - back to office and a new barn

 After 20.5 months I am sitting in my office in our company building on my first official day in. Its weird to say the very least. Getting here was hard, just the organization of lunch, dogs, clothes for the new barn after work, clothes for the day in the office too, shoes..... so much to consider that hadnt been on my radar for almost 2 years. 

At the almost 11th hour I remembered that the dogs needed someone to let them out at midday, thankfully new driver Chloe stepped up to it, that was a relief. I wonder if she will do this every week.

After this week I am expected to be in this office two days a week. I have picked the two days that I dont see Ducky at the new barn in the morning. All this with still daily cases, daily deaths and a new variant called Omicrom that all the scientists are trying to understand the threat from. Obviously the deniers and anti-vaxxers already know all that needs to be known but I block their views out. My slight back away from social media helped by more time at new barn and therefore less time on the internet, helps me here.


New barn is 10 mins away from home and Ducky and I have been there since Nov 13. Its been a change that although is fabulous, has been hard. I knew it would be hard for him, all his world changed but its been hard for me too, at the same time as being wonderful. Its been exhausting to be in these two places at once on this.




He's slowly getting used to it, and so am I. Now it just needs to stop raining, like now. We are all over it.

I have booked a vacation for next year. So far flights are booked and paid, with insurance fully investigated for covid cancellations and interruptions. Accommodation at BB has also been booked but needs to be adjusted for a different time period, House sitter has been booked. 

I am afraid to get excited as I am almost convinced it wont even happen. At this point in Covid-life I am like everyone else beaten down by the constant of it, by the feeling that it will never leave us. I cant get round to finalizing accommodation because of this. I am not planning even take-outs to eat in the lanai in BB or some two day beach accommodation in Old Town KW. I am hoping that soon I feel differently but I am not holding my breath.





No comments:

Post a Comment