Thursday 22 November 2018

Deactivating Facebook

Its come, D-Day.
I was in Cape Breton back in August and I read, on FB interestingly enough, a post by someone who deactivated their FB account. It was really interesting reading. I was sat, at the time, overlooking the most beautiful scenery, with a coffee at about 6.30am. The coffee was wonderful, the birds were singing, the sound of the ocean in the bay was soothing. I was aware of NONE OF IT as I had my nose in everyones business online.

I noodled this idea on and off for the rest of the day and on and off have considered it since. And did nothing about it.

I spend a lot of time on FB, needlessly scrolling, looking at stuff I am not interested in and feeling the opinions of way too many people in my home and becoming fed up, on a regular basis, with all the passive agressive memes that I see most days.
(pet hate of mine is passive agressive BS - I mean really... say what you want to that person)..

So today, with trepidation and trembling fingers (yeah seriously) I deactivated my account. And felt immediately like I had lost a bad relationship. I was lost, instantly, even with all my wishes to leave, like I had just felt a tremendous loss.

So right now whats going through my head is thoughts on how I will find the info I need (Google), follow the people I want to (Blogs), know if its a snow day at school (School website) and be up to date on the weather (google again).

I have become so needy of FB that its actually ridiculous.

Lets see how the remainder of the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment