Saturday 24 November 2018

How are we feeling today?

So... its 48 hours since I stop existing on FB and so far I have found the following to be true about me:
  • I have way more time. I even made soup on the first evening for lunch the next day. I dont think I have ever done that and it made me aware of how much I havent been doing.
  • I have been looking around more at my home and really noticing it, in colour, like really looking at it.
  • I am interacting more with everyone, including the pets.
  • I like Instagram, but I am sure thats because I hardly follow anyone I know but the ones I do follow are in the Keys, or RV-ing around the US, or post amazing photos of Colorado or Arizona or wherever they are on the planet.
  • There, so far, is no political, religious, argumentative or negative BS in my Instagram feed and I am on it for like 10 mins, max. On FB an hour would slide away easily.
  • I am back to reading my blogs so instead of reading a ton of bitchy comments on a FB post and feeling low about how shitty people generally are, I instead feel happy, enlightened, informed, free.... OF.IT.ALL
  • I have watched a lot of Gossip Girl. Its nice to have real escapism, in my home, without welcoming hundreds of strangers online comments and arguments in too.
  • I like how my thumbs no longer ache from constant scrolling.
  • Yesterday, at lunchtime I ordered my groceries online, did some research into flying from YHZ to XNA and how much hotels cost in Arkansas and perused some webcams in the Keys. I havent looked at those webcams for years.
  • I am learning how to use things like Google photos for saving my photos instead. I realize most of the world already knows how to use Google photos but I dont. I am going to change all that.
  • I am decidedly happier, already (and isnt that what life is meant to be about anyway?!).


Oreo on Friday evening


Kennedy, right now, as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment