Tuesday 25 December 2018

A review of 2018's NY resolutions


Its December 25th and I am sat here contemplating something to eat (no idea what) while Christmas dinner cooks in the oven. Its due at 3pm and now is almost noon and I have only had toast this morning so hunger is creeping up....
I just went over 2018's new years resolutions that I put down last December to see if I managed to achieve any of them at all:

Here they are, with outcomes now we are nearing the end of the year:
  1. Continue growing at work. This has gone well as now I have a bigger team in corporate accounting which I am looking forward to leading. I decided a couple of months ago that I needed a plan for some personal leadership,  so I signed up to Spotify and now listen to leadership podcasts on my way into work, its been the best most motivating use of 40 minutes in the morning that I ever thought of. 
  2. Enjoy Ace and my new saddle and keep competing and improving my riding. I am enjoying my lessons with Leah and have come to realize that the three Salmon River shows are exactly what we both need each year, no more and no less.
  3. Keep working on improving myself as a human being and role model for my two girls. The leadership podcasts are helping here too. They come to me for advice and I hope they always do and I am proud of who they are growing into. 
  4. Work on bringing that line of credit right down. This year we decided that we would take my bonus and put it straight on the line of credit and not book our springtime, much loved, Florida trip. This was a very hard decision and it remains hard, but bringing the line of credit limit down by a huge chunk was very satisfying.
  5. Go on a road trip to somewhere new this summer. We actually went to three places, Silver Lake, ME with the girls and some friends, CB with my Canadian BFF and her family and Paul and I went on a date weekend to watch Buck Brannaman in Cornish, ME. It was all fantastic.
  6. Meet up with my friend Jenne, its been too long. This has sadly not yet been achieved. Its either a 3.5 day drive or a 13 hour trip with three flights. Either way its long, the drive option is affordable but frankly epic. Still processing this one.
  7. Find a level of fitness that works for me. Ah yes, I currently suck in this dept. Fitness level is at an all time low right now.
  8. Succesfully grow some vegetables. This too is an epic fail this year.
  9. Eat meat only from local farms where animal welfare is off a high priority, guilt-free meat as I call it. Still not managed to afford this one, the most I get too is free range eggs which is of course only the tip of the iceberg. Frankly I wish those people in charge of our meat would put the damn animals first anyway.
  10. Have a once a month date-night with hubby, even if its just a coffee at Tim Hortons. We are not good at this either although we are walking the dogs together more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment