Monday 31 December 2018

2019 New Years resolutions


I am considering 2019 New Years resolutions as I am, as per normal these days, sitting in two places at once. I have two strong drivers this year. They are always on my radar but at this point they are screaming louder than ever that they want to drive decisions and be a priority.
With our girls growing up at a frankly alarming rate, I know for a fact that trips as a family are even more precious than they have ever been. I have always been one to want to spend money on family trips as the memories alone are more than worth it. For me I get tremendous joy in the planning, the travelling, the being there enjoying the time together as a family, and then the memories that come out of it. Unfortunately trips cost money and trips to Florida even more so, also Florida is now restricted on travel dates due to high school and weather. I want heat but not hotter than hell, can’t do anything at all, heat.

Secondly, and in direct contrast to the other main driver is my need to pay down debt. For the first time I am feeling a strong want to over-pay our mortgage. To get there we need to get rid of the remainder of this line of credit. Its significantly lower but its still freakin there, like a bad smell. Ideally it will be gone and then we can pay more on the mortgage, even if its just $50 a month – ANYTHING will help me here.

So, with these in mind, the list for 2019 (in no particular order):


·         Get rid of line of credit, finally, FFS;
·         Overpay mortgage;
·         Road trip in the summer, ideally to Jenn but that requires some more responsible consideration;
·         Our weekend get-away with BFF;
·         Get Ace moving his feet, as per Buck Brannamen style of training, and continue building our relationship
·         Work towards and attend all three Salmon River shows;
·         Save and plan for our next Florida trip – I really want a couple of days back in the Keys as well as Bahama Bay;
·         As per Geneen Roth, spend less time “in the attic” and more time on every floor;
·         Really enjoy this home we have, in the present moment, every single day;
·         Start writing. I have the concept, the name and the front cover shot all worked out, now need to create the content;
·         Rock this corporate finance team;

I am hoping that all these resolutions work in correlation or as close as possible, despite some of
this being in total contrast (saving money vs spending money 😊)
Its all about balance is it not? Therefore, its being financially responsible whilst still living – its
that thin thin line.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment