Thursday 28 February 2019

a New Florida Keys blog

I have found a new new Key West blog to read and its all round perfect for me to lose myself in. The writer updates daily and there are many years of blog archives to while away time in. Its also "real" and has a ton of photos. Happy lunchtime for me :-)

In its realness I am once again reminded to focus on finding appreciation of my life. The fact that I have it for one, and that in my life I can walk, and see and hear and use my body. I have a job and bills and a house and a family, dreams, memories, plans and a lot of love. In short, I have a lot to be thankful. In the words of Miamis "Pitbull" ~ "every day above ground is a great day, remember that".

I remember back in the days, before 9-11 when I used to live for my daily webcam perusal of the Hogs Breath as soon as I got into work in Westerham in Kent. I used to get in early enough to get my tea and see the staff at the Hogs Breath sweeping up and wiping down the bar after a Key West night of drinking. I loved it. If, by any chance, I missed it, I was sad.

It was in the time when I used to read and re-read every word of www.fla-keys.com and take in all the photos and their joy of joy, webcams.
I still look at that website often but now we also have instant internet (no more at home dial up), Google, YouTube, social media (the toilet of the internet as Lady Gaga states and I have to agree) and these wonderful blogs to wander around in.

On a plus point, its the last day of February and I have survived it without our usual February down south trip.
#winning



No comments:

Post a Comment