Sunday 3 February 2019

The first Sunday of February

Its Sunday and its February already. The sun is "splitting the rock" as they say in NL and its incredibly cold. Paul and I have gotten into a new Sunday routine where we take the dogs to the dog park in the late morning and then come home and make brunch. The afternoon is then reserved for household chores, some hot tub lounging and some TV shows as we watch so little television during the week.
Todays trip to the dog park was for only about 20 mins. We are trying to see if Alpine soreness after his first foray there was due to fitness or a bigger issue that I frankly can do without. So we are allowing a max of 20 minutes running around to see if hes ok. Its not hard to stick to that as its so incredibly cold.

Last week found me in Manchester NH for work for three days. We experienced snow squalls, Maceys and Crackerbarrel in addition to the real reason we were there - meetings with the team.  l like going to that office and I now LOVE Crackerbarrel and dont know why its taken me so long to discover it. We have driven past countless Crackerbarrels on trips to the US and I always thought it was regarding cheese. Seems not - think "
grandmas good old southern cooking and hospitality" complete with grits, fried apples, bacon and tremendous buttermilk pancakes.


Today is also Superbowl day. When I was in Manchester I got an inkling of what this evening could be like in every home south of the border and I am half wondering if its high time I bought into it and made sure we were Superbowl ready.  I think I might watch it to see what all the fuss is about...

No comments:

Post a Comment