Tuesday 29 December 2020

2021 Intentions

Every year at this time I consider the upcoming New Year and list my resolutions and then I go back to see if I have achieved them. Each year I manage to achieve some and not others. 2020 has been a weird year that has seen me reset a lot in my life and for that I am grateful.

This morning I was listening to this inspiring podcast Setting up for Success in 2021  and it stopped me in my tracks and made me reconsider everything, I then decided that for the new year I am setting intentions rather than goals. 

Below is what I heard from the podcast that resonated and I felt I had to capture it for my 2021 intentionns:

Goals are destination specific, what we want in the future, whereas intentions focus us on the present moment and are lived as a feeling in our bodies every day. When we set clear intentions it allows us to create daily plans that support that intention. This means I can work on the bigger picture that is aligned with the feeling that I want. 

That way I can feel satisfied and content and continue to be driven to continue with the intentions set. My awareness and energy will be shifted to who I am, what I do and why I do it. This allows me to clearly see how I am showing up for myself and others and see my current habits and communications and change what is not serving me, my horse or my humans.

Our beliefs create our thoughts, which create our feelings which in turn create our behaviors and then our results.


Its so very similar to a mantra I followed by the late Christopher Reeve that I lived by as we went through our emigrations process:

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.

As per the podcast, my two words for 2021 to allow me to be really clear and connected to the intentions are consistent and present.

Word: Consistent:

Intention:

I will show up consistently for myself, my horse and those humans that need me, in my health, my riding and exercise, my career and my communications with everyone.

Word: Present

Intention:

I will continue to work on being present on each moment in my life. I will have mindful moments throughout my workday. I will be present in every aspect of my day in whatever I am doing be it communicating with my family and friends, working, riding, at the barn, cleaning my house, making meals, listening to what is being said to me and how I respond.

Theres so much more in the podcast that I havent captured here, I invite you to listen and see if it helps you with next year too.






No comments:

Post a Comment