Monday 22 August 2011

our first cottage weekend

We had a fantastic weekend as we were able to spend it at a friend of a friends cottage near Sheet Harbour on the Eastern shore.
It took about an hour and a half to get there in an Uplander Convoy with our pals and was a gorgeous drive

And we all had a rather good time in the car, gorgeous hubby driving, me on hand with useful comments and the girls hanging out in the back

We had a great night there, round the firepit with the loons making their appearance, or rather their performance at midnight and a great barbecue the following day. Girls loved it, and we had rather a good time out on the lake in the peddelo. Although, I had to say that the black, inky water of the lake freaked me out a little, I had to quit imagining that I was in the flick "Lake Placid". I think I am definately a Beach person, as opposed to a lake person, (well that particular lake anyway)


No comments:

Post a Comment