- The sense that summer is marching on, its been hot forever and ever by now
- The darker mornings. When I walk the dogs at 6.30am it feels darker, it feels good, warm yet dark. Very different to the light bright mornings of July.
- Almost hankering for Fall. Odd I know, I love summer but, and this is obviously why I live here, I love the season changing.
- The river floats. The rivers and lakes are so warm that a river float is a joy.
- Talking of lakes, a day down by Grand Lake. When no ones around or at most very few people. I don't care for crowds anymore.
- Molson Canadian cider - pear or stonefruit. My new alcoholic "find" this year
- Evenings at the barn. As the sky darkens earlier I get the comforting, familiar, homey sense of horses getting ready for the night.
- The thought, the anticipation of everything pumpkin spice coming my way - mustn't wish it too soon, winters are too long here.
- The ceiling fans going at night when the windows are open and the crickets are humming in the trees
Friday, 5 August 2016
What I love about August
Posted by Natasha