Saturday 29 June 2013

post op life

Its official, I am a definate wimp when it comes to blood and wounds. I am on day 3 post op of having my gall bladder removed and frankly it sucks.
I did not anticipate the four holes in my stomach and they make me want to vomit. They also hurt. Today I need to change the dressings, I am not sure I can, it makes me feel nauseous just thinking about it.

And I cant do much of anything, except watch TV from the 4 pillows arranged on the couch in the family room, oh and listen to the rain. Its raining a lot, I dont mind as I cant go out and I like the sound.

I have watch SO many episodes of Love It or List It and Property Brothers that I feel like a design Pro. I have also discovered The Big C, thankyou Netflix! I can now watch the whole season in one day.

And I am starving, it seems. I wanted an A&W Uncle Burger on the first day, badly. I was told - No way Jose!
Thank goodness I have a responsible family and I cant drive myself to the drive through.

Yesterday I managed a shower, wrapped in saran wrap, it was blissful. I loved it. I normally get in two showers a day, so two days without a shower was like hell for me. And I looked like hell too, if I am honest.

So, here is Day 3. Its also the Canada Day weekend, I am yet again in my PJs staring at the TV and listening to the rain. I feel like I will never be able to walk upright again, or run like ever, or go to boot camp. My stomach muscles are a closed shop.....

No comments:

Post a Comment