Saturday 2 February 2013

Ground Hog Day

Its 6.36am on a Saturday and I will be off to work in less than an hour. This is unheard of for me, to work on a weekend but we are behind and duty calls. The free lunch and coffee have softened the blow but only very slightly.

Its GroundHog Day too, Shubenacadie Sam will hopefully appear and with wisdom see or maybe not see his shadow and we will all know how much winter we have left. I am not sure how anyone knows if a Groundhog has indeed seen anything, does he sign some kind of form to announce his sighting? Does he nod at specific questions?
Last year apparently he predicted an early Spring and whilst I dont remember it being 6 weeks, it certainly was early and was followed by a fantastic Summer.

So I will wait until 8am to see the outcome because frankly I am so done with Winter now, over the snow, over the horrible windchill, over the ice and cold. And, we have another snowfall warning for tomorrow - yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment